Baccarat has always been the favourite game of the casino high roller. Why? Well, high rollers are no different from the rest of us when it comes to herd mentality. There have been some famous high rollers in the past that have made this game their own, gamblers like Kerry Packer, for example. And everyone wants a piece of the action. Plus, play baccarat, and you´ll enjoy some of the highest odds of any game in the casino. It certainly beats the slots percentages hand down.
But how do you best play this popular card game? Well, practice makes perfect of course, but there are a few easy pointers that should help you at least hit the ground running. For a full explanation of baccarat and a list of baccarat casinos, head to the baccarat section of OnlineCasinoKing.
- Online baccarat is a good place to perfect your card skills. There is no peer pressure and you can take your time with a book or some notes at your side.
- Start with a budget of between £30 to £100 (either will real or virtual or “play” money). Baccarat is a high limit game and you´ll need to flash some cash to get any sort of momentum.
- Make a note os your bets as you play with a B when you make a banker´s bet and a P for a player´s.
Just bet £1 a go for the first 10 to 20 hands of the session.
- Watch out for trends during this period.
- NEVER play the standoff or tie bets. The odds don´t warrant it
- If the commission is lower than 5%, bet on the banker.
- If the commission is greater than 5%, bet on the player.
- Improve your odds by selecting the right game- go for an online casino that uses the lowest number of decks in the shoe and the smallest commission.
- A good casino would be one offering a 6 deck card game with 4% commission on the “Banker” hand.
- Single deck baccarat is difficult to find online, but some casinos offer it- look out for them.